Pendle Hill High School logo

Pendle Hill High School

Pendle Hill High School

Responsibilities, Respect, Rights and Learning

Telephone02 9631 9651


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. The School Finder shows our local enrolment area. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol 

Contact us when you’re ready to enrol your child in our school. You may need to attend an interview with the principal. There you can discuss any medical conditions or other special circumstances before your child starts school. We may also complete a risk assessment on the enrolment.

For more information, visit high school enrolment.

Download an application to enrol (PDF 5.9MB).

The application form must be completed in English. However, a translated application to enrol may help you to fill out the form in English.

Temporary visa or visitor visa

If your child has a temporary visa or visitor visa you will first need to apply to enrol by contacting the Temporary Residents Program who will give you forms to bring to the school.

Passport and visa checks

Passport and visa checks will be made for students who are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

Non-local enrolments

As outlined in the department’s enrolment policy, our school may accept enrolments from outside our local enrolment area if places are available.

We will assess applications for non-local enrolment on a case-by-case basis.

School enrolment policy


Please contact our school on 02 9631 9651 for information about the enrolment process.

It’s important that you tell the principal if your child has any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions before your child starts school.

General information

  • Students are entitled to attend their local school, based on their residential address.
  • Parents are entitled to seek to enrol their child in the school of their choice.
  • The school has a set enrolment number to cater for anticipated local demand.
  • The school can provide a written policy stating the grounds and criteria on which non-local enrolments will be accepted.
  • The primary criteria for acceptance of non-local enrolments will include the availability of appropriate staff and permanent classroom accommodation.


Currently there are no restrictions other than those relating to the number of applications able to be accepted. Please see non-local enrolment below for details.

Local students

Students who reside within the Department of Education (DoE) designated drawing area for Pendle Hill High School are accepted for enrolment. Proof of address will be required.

Proof of address evidence can include a current council land rates notice or a residential tenancy agreement. It can also be at least two of:

  • a current electricity/gas account
  • home telephone account
  • Centrelink documents
  • Medicare card
  • drivers license
  • contents insurance document.

Please note: In the case of students with separated parents, family court orders will be used to determine the child’s usual place of residence. Families are able to provide evidence of special circumstances for enrolment consideration, such as house sharing. Where proof of address evidence is not provided, applications will be treated as non-local enrolments.

Temporary visas and international students

For information about eligibility and forms to complete, visit the Temporary Residents Program.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

Distance education schools also provide single subjects for students in Years 9 to 12 to enhance curriculum choice. Please contact us for details.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Criteria for non-local enrolment applications

Certain criteria may be considered for non-local enrolments. Criteria could include factors such as:

  • proximity and access to the school
  • siblings already enrolled at the school
  • access to co-educational setting
  • medical reasons
  • travel distances for the applicant
  • availability of subjects or combinations of subjects
  • special interests or abilities
  • compassionate circumstances
  • structure and organisation of the school.

Waiting lists

Realistic waiting lists are established for non-local students should placement not be available. Parents are advised in writing if their child is to be placed on a waiting list. The waiting list remains current for one year.

Placement panel

The placement panel consists of the principal, a staff representative and a parents and citizens' association (P&C) representative.

Year 6 into Year 7 enrolments

If your child is currently enrolled in Year 6 and you wish to apply to enrol in our school in Year 7 of the following year please follow one of the following steps: 

  • Public primary school students - contact the Year 6 coordinator at your current school to obtain an 'Expression of Interest' form to complete and return to them. The primary school will forward the information to us. 
  • Non-government primary school students - contact us to obtain an 'Expression of Interest' form to complete and return to us.

We will contact you once a decision has been made about your child’s potential enrolment and the next steps.

Year 7 into Year 12 enrolments

If your child is currently enrolled in another public or non-government high school, and you wish to apply to enrol in our school, contact us to obtain an  'Expression of Interest' form to complete and return to us. We will contact you once a decision has been made about your child’s potential enrolment, and next steps.

Enrolment of students with special needs

After the enrolment enquiry the principal will:

  • interview the parents and student to ascertain special needs requirements
  • identify the support needs of the student with the School Counsellor and the Regional Special Education Consultant to ensure that the students’ needs can be met and enrolment is appropriate.


Any appeals regarding the enrolment process and decisions should be directed to the principal. Further appeals may be made to the director of schools.